Numerous streets will be closed and commercial vehicles will be prohibited from a large area of downtown Baltimore for the annual New Year’s Eve Spectacular at the Inner Harbor.
Most commercial vehicles will be prohibited from an area bordered by the following streets from 4 p.m. on Saturday, December 31st until 2 a.m. on Sunday, January 1st:
- Fayette Street between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and President Street. No commercial vehicles SOUTH of Fayette Street
- President Street between Aliceanna and Fayette Streets. No commercial vehicles WEST of President Street.
- Light Street between Pratt Street and Key Highway.
- Key Highway between Light and McComas Streets.
- Hanover Street between McComas and Montgomery Streets. No commercial vehicles NORTH of McComas Street, including on Hanover Street.
- Pratt and Lombard Streets between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and President Street.
- I-395/Howard Street from the Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard exit to Pratt Street. Commercial vehicles will not be permitted on I-395.
- No commercial vehicle traffic will be allowed EAST of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard from I-395 to Fayette Street.
Tanker trucks will NOT be permitted and only commercial vehicles making local deliveries will be allowed downtown during this time. Cabs, buses and other mass transportation vehicles are excluded from the restrictions.
The following streets will be CLOSED from 10:30 p.m. on December 31st until the end of the event:
- Pratt Street CLOSED at Charles Street. Pratt Street must turn LEFT (NORTH) on Charles Street and may turn RIGHT (EAST) on Baltimore Street
- EASTBOUND Conway Street will be CLOSED between Howard and Light Streets
- NORTHBOUND I-395 at Conway Street– All traffic must continue NORTH on Howard Street
The following streets will be CLOSED from 11 p.m. on December 31st until the end of the event:
- Lombard Street CLOSED at President Street. WESTBOUND Lombard Street traffic must turn RIGHT (NORTH) on President Street and may turn LEFT (WEST) on Fayette Street
- SOUTHBOUND Light Street CLOSED at Lombard Street. Light Street must turn RIGHT (EAST) on Lombard Street and may turn LEFT (SOUTH) on Sharp Street.
- NORTHBOUND Light Street CLOSED at Lee Street. Light Street traffic must turn LEFT (WEST) on Lee Street and may turn RIGHT (NORTH) on Charles Street.
The following lane closures will be in place for emergency vehicle use on December 31st from 7 p.m. until the end of the event:
- RIGHT side of Pratt Street from Greene to President Streets
- RIGHT side of Lombard Street from President to Greene Streets
- LEFT side of Charles Street from Conway to Fayette Streets
- RIGHT side of Light Street from Fayette to Conway Streets
NO PARKING on the following streets from 6 p.m. on December 31st until 3 a.m. on January 1st :
- Gay Street from Pratt to Fayette Streets
- Calvert Street from Pratt to Fayette Streets
- Baltimore Street from Charles to Gay Streets
- EASTBOUND/SOUTHBOUND Key Highway from Light to William Streets
Those driving to the downtown celebration should park in commercial garages and should not park in neighborhoods. Neighborhood parking restrictions will be strictly enforced.